MuMETAL Foil is used primarily in low intensity fields where the highest attenuation, highest initial permeability µ (Mu) and highest shielding efficiency are desired. MuMETAL Foil is fully annealed and available in stock gauges from 0.002″ to 0.010″ thickness [0.05 mm to 0.25 mm] .
Foils can be slit to a minimum width of 1/4″ (6.35 mm). Foil width tolerance is ±0.010″ (0.25 mm).
Unlike MuMETAL Stress Annealed Sheet, Our Foils do not require re-annealing unless severe forming or heliarc welding is performed.
POPULAR SHIELDING APPLICATIONS OF MUMETAL
- Shielding from Earth Magnets.
- Cathode ray tubes (CRTs) used in oscilloscopes.
- Sensitive electronic equipment against magnetic field.
- AC magnetic circuits.
- Shield against electric field.
- Telegraph cables.
- Electric power transformers, Which are built with Mu-metal shells to prevent them from affecting nearby circuitry.
- Hard disks, which have mu-metal backings to the magnets found in the drive to keep the magnetic field away from the disk.
- Cathode-ray tubes are used in analogue oscilloscopes, which have mu-metal shields to prevent stray magnetic fields from deflecting the electron beam.
- Magnetic phonograph cartridges, which have a mu-metal case to reduce interference when LPs are played back.
- Magnetic resonance imaging equipment.
- The magnetometers used in magnetoencephalography and magnetocardiography.
- Photomultiplier tubes.
- Vacuum chambers for experiments with low-energy electrons, for example, photoelectron spectroscopy.
- Superconducting circuits and especially Josephson junction circuits.
- Fluxgate magnetometers and compasses as part of the sensor.
HOW MUCH IS A LINEAR MM
Because we offer so many different materials, of different widths, the easiest way to order rolled goods is by specifying how long the piece of material will be. We describe the length of the material purchased in linear mm. So, for example, if you order 22 linear mm of a material, you will get a piece that is 22 mm long x the width of the material. The width of each material is listed near the end of the product description.
MU METAL FOILS AND SHEETS
Various Thickness from 0.025 mm onwards are available in ready stock. All material is in Coil form and sheet form!
Cut To Size
All material can be slit to your required Width and Length.