CuCr1Zr – UNS.C18150 Copper Chromium Zirconium C18150 is an excellent and unique Copper Alloy with High Electrical Conductivity, Hardness and Ductility, Moderate Strength and Excellent Resistance to softening at Elevated Temperatures.
The addition of 0.1% zirconium (Zr) and 1.0% chromium (Cr) to copper results in a heat treatable alloy which may be solution treated and subsequently aged to produce these desirable properties. The rod is usually supplied from the mill in a fully aged and drawn condition, So no further heat treatment is required by the fabricator. The softening temperature of properly heat treated C18150 rod exceeds 500°C as compared to unalloyed pure copper which softens at 200°C and silver-bearing coppers which softens at 350°C.
C18150 is a precipitation hardening copper-base-alloy. In the heat-treated condition, this alloy retains the mechanical properties together with a good ductility range between 300-500°C. High Electrical Conductivity and High Mechanical properties are attributes of this versatile alloy. Furthermore, many pieces of evidence show that C18150 can provide less sticking and resisting deformation longer than its C18200 counterpart in some specific situations.
Typical Application for C18150 Chromium Zirconium Copper Alloys:
- Electrical Industry: Resistance Welding Electrodes and Circuit Breaker Switches.
- Consumer: Rod Extensions, Pencil-type, Light Soldering Guns and also used in Tips.
- Industrial: Welding Wheels, Tips and Rod extensions for resistance seam and spot welding.
- Resistance Welding Tips.
- Electrode caps for the Automotive Industry.
- Tong arms for Welding Robots.
- Electrode Holders.
- Parts for Energy Engineering and Press parts.
- Widely used for Automobile, Spaceship stencil plate and Contact Welding Stainless Steel.
- Ideal Electrode Material for Seal Welder, High-voltage switch welding material and circuit breaker material.
- High-strength, High Conductivity and High melting-point material used for Continuous Crystallization Devices in Metallurgical trade.
- And it is widely used for IC Frame Wire Material.
Performances High strengthen (¨°b>=450 Mpa, HRB:75-85), high conductivity (IACS:70-85%), heat-resistance, erosion-resistance and shape maintenance.
|Density||8.90 g/cc||0.322 lb/in³|
|Hardness, Brinell||152||152||HB 10|
|Hardness, Rockwell B||82||82|
|Tensile Strength, Ultimate||520 MPa||75400 psi|
|Tensile Strength, Yield||466 MPa||67600 psi||0.5%|
|Elongation at Break||20.0 %||20.0 %|
|Modulus of Elasticity||120 GPa||17400 ksi|
|Electrical Resistivity||0.00000196 ohm-cm||0.00000196 ohm-cm||86% I.A.C.S.|
|CTE, linear||17.0 μm/m-°C @Temperature 20.0 °C||9.44 μin/in-°F @Temperature 68.0 °F|
|Specific Heat Capacity||0.380 J/g-°C||0.0908 BTU/lb-°F|
|Thermal Conductivity||320 W/m-K||2220 BTU-in/hr-ft²-°F|
Component Elements Properties
|Chromium, Cr||1.0 %||1.0 %|
|Copper, Cu||98.7 – 98.9 %||98.7 – 98.9 %|
|Zirconium, Zr||0.10 %||0.10 %|
Grade of Copper Chromium Zirconium (Balance Copper)
|C18150||CuCr1Zr / CuCrZr||0.5-1.5||0.05-0.25|
We Have Forms Available in: Short Circuit Rings and Rotor Bars, Billets, Roads, Bars, Profiles, Wheels and in Casting.
For Any Inquiries Contact:-
Mr. Rohan Kamble (Sales Engineer)
Call 8928403617/18 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org