CuCr1Zr – UNS.C18150 Copper Chromium Zirconium C18150 is an excellent and unique Copper Alloy with High Electrical Conductivity, Hardness and Ductility, Moderate Strength and Excellent Resistance to softening at Elevated Temperatures.
The addition of 0.1% zirconium (Zr) and 1.0% chromium (Cr) to copper results in a heat treatable alloy which may be solution treated and subsequently aged to produce these desirable properties. The rod is usually supplied from the mill in a fully aged and drawn condition, So no further heat treatment is required by the fabricator. The softening temperature of properly heat treated C18150 rod exceeds 500°C as compared to unalloyed pure copper which softens at 200°C and silver-bearing coppers which softens at 350°C.
C18150 is a precipitation hardening copper-base-alloy. In the heat-treated condition, this alloy retains the mechanical properties together with a good ductility range between 300-500°C. High Electrical Conductivity and High Mechanical properties are attributes of this versatile alloy. Furthermore, many pieces of evidence show that C18150 can provide less sticking and resisting deformation longer than its C18200 counterpart in some specific situations.
- Resistance Welding Tips.
- Electrode caps for the Automotive Industry.
- Tong arms for Welding Robots.
- Electrode Holders.
- Parts for Energy Engineering and Press parts.
- Widely used for Automobile, Spaceship stencil plate and Contact Welding Stainless Steel.
- Ideal Electrode Material for Seal Welder, High-voltage switch welding material and circuit breaker material.
- High-strength, High Conductivity and High melting-point material used for Continuous Crystallization Devices in Metallurgical trade.
- And it is widely used for IC Frame Wire Material.
Performances High strengthen (¨°b>=450 Mpa, HRB:75-85), high conductivity (IACS:70-85%), heat-resistance, erosion-resistance and shape maintenance.