Beryllium Copper Manufacturer In India
Beryllium copper, also known as copper beryllium, BeCu or beryllium bronze, is a metal alloy of copper and 0.5 to 3% beryllium, and sometimes with other alloying elements.
It is a copper alloy with a load-bearing capacity which is second to none.
Beryllium copper is the strongest of all copper alloys. Its unique characteristics and benefits make it an ideal material for use in a variety of settings. In use since the 1940s, this alloy was traditionally used in tools and machine parts. However, miniaturization and improved casting and machining have made it possible to use it on electronics and other areas. This has lead to an increase in the popularity of beryllium copper.
Alloy 25 is also known as “CuBe2, C17200, BeCu, CDA 172, CB101, ISO CuBe2, CEN CW101C, A4/2, beryllium bronze”.
This alloy contains approximately 2% of beryllium and achieves the highest mechanical strength and hardness after heat treatment of all copper-beryllium alloys. In soft or slightly re-rolled condition, it exhibits excellent bending behaviour. It distinguishes itself by high fatigue strength, outstanding relaxation resistance at elevated temperatures and a unique combination of high strength and excellent electrical conductivity.
- Elastic modulus – 19,000 ksi /131 GPa
- Melting point (solidus) – ~1600 °F/~870 °C
- Density – .302 lb/in3/8.36 g/cm3
- Thermal expansion – 9.7×10-6 in/in °F /17.5x 10-5 °C-1
- Thermal conductivity (100°C) – 90 BTU/hr•ft•°F /155 W/m•K
- Heat capacity – 0.10 BTU/lb•°F /0.44 J/g•K
- Excellent conductivity: While the alloy is a great conductor at average temperatures, its other properties combine to make an outstanding conductor in cold temperatures. This makes it a common material in cryogenics and other lab equipment.
- High Tensile Strength: With an upper range of nearly 200,000 pounds per square inch of load-bearing, It is the strongest of all copper alloys. These strengths are reached using precipitation hardening or age hardening. Up to 300 ksi.
- Non-Oxidizing Acid Resistance: Resistance to common acids, such as hydrochloric acid and carbonic acid, make beryllium copper wire an ideal material for wire in potentially caustic applications.
- Wear And Gall Resistant: This resistance allows tools and beryllium copper sheet metals to retain their shape and size, even during heavy use.
- Non-Sparking: The non-sparking qualities of beryllium copper make it ideal for use in hazardous or flammable environments. This has lead to widespread use in mining, petroleum and oil drilling industries.
- High Fatigue Resistance: Once it is aged, It will hold its shape through repeated stresses and flexing. This makes it popular for springs, diaphragms and other items that face routine cyclic loading.
- Elevated Temperature Strength
- Dimensional Stability
- Highly Machinable
- Strength And Toughness In Cryogenic Conditions
- Combination Of High Electrical And Thermal Conductivity,
- Good Corrosion Resistance And Fatigue Resistance
- High Melting Point
- Excellent Metalworking, Forming, And Machining Qualities
- Ductile, Weldable, And Machinable Alloy
- Fast Heating & Fast Cooling
|C17200/C17300||1.8 ~ 2.1||0.2 min||-||-||Bal|
|C17510||0.2 min||0.3 min||1.4 min||0.1 max||0.2 max||0.2 max||Bal|
PRODUCT STOCK RANGE
0.005 to 0.045 mm can be produced against your requirements. Some thicknesses are available in ready stock.
|Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Stock Position|
|0.05 to 0.90 mm||4 to 300 mm||Coil||Ready Stock|
|1.0 to 10.00||200 mm||1000 mm||Ready Stock|
|Dia (mm)||Length (mm)||Stock Position|
|1 to 50||1 meter or more||Ready Stock|
|50 to 600||As Required||Ready Stock|
|Dia (mm)||Length & Packing||Stock Position|
|0.10 Onwards||Spools & Coils||Ready Stock|
BLOCKS OR SLABS
From Ready Stock, we offer Cut-To-Size pieces as per your dimensions and requirements.