Beryllium copper, also known as copper beryllium, BeCu or Beryllium bronze, is a metal alloy of copper and 0.5 to 3% beryllium, and sometimes with other alloying elements. It is a copper alloy with a load-bearing capacity which is second to none. Beryllium copper is the strongest of all copper alloys. Its unique characteristics and benefits make it an ideal material for use in a variety of settings.
Since the 1940s, This alloy was commonly used in tools and machine parts. However, miniaturization, machining, and improved casting have made it possible to use it on Electronics and in other Areas. This has lead to an increase in the popularity of Beryllium copper.
Alloy 25 also known as “CuBe2, C17200, BeCu, CDA 172, CB101, ISO CuBe 2, CEN CW101C, A4/2, beryllium bronze”.
This alloy contains approximately 2% of beryllium and achieves its highest mechanical strength and hardness after heat treatment of all copper-beryllium alloys. In soft or slightly re-rolled conditions, It exhibits excellent bending behavior and also distinguishes itself by high fatigue strength, outstanding relaxation resistance at elevated temperatures and a unique combination of high strength and excellent electrical conductivity.
- Elastic modulus – 19,000 ksi /131 GPa
- Melting point (solidus) – ~1600 °F/~870 °C
- Density – .302 lb/in3/8.36 g/cm3
- Thermal expansion – 9.7×10-6 in/in °F /17.5x 10-5 °C-1
- Thermal conductivity (100°C) – 90 BTU/hr•f t•°F /155 W/m•K
- Heat capacity – 0.10 BTU/lb•°F /0.44 J/g•K
- Plastic Moulds: Due to the unique combination of thermal conductivity and strength available in this copper mold alloys, You gain Advantage like: Shorter cycle time, Improved plastic part dimensional control, Better parting line maintenance, Excellent corrosion resistance, For injection mold cores and cavities where moderate hardness and high toughness and conductivity are required.
- Plastic Injection and Moulding Inserts.
- Metal Die Casting.
- Plunger Tips.
- Spot Welding & Resistant Welding Electrodes.
- Nozzles for Injection Machine.
- Chill Vents: It used for die casting light metals such as Aluminium, Magnesium as it minimizes the spouting of Molten Metal.
- Bushings for Aerospace, High-Speed Devices, Heavy Industry.
- Lightweight Structural Components In The Defense And Aerospace Industries In Oil Industry, High-Speed Aircraft, Missiles, Space Vehicles, And Communication Satellites.
- Springs & Spring Wires.
- Load Cells.
- Non-Sparking Tools in explosive potential environments.
BERYLLIUM MASTER INGOTS
We can offer various ULTRA PURE VACUUM SMELTED beryllium alloys as follows:-
- CuBe2, CuBe4, CuBe10 :- Beryllium Copper
- NiBe6, NiBe14:- Beryllium Nickel
- AlBe2.5, AlBe5 :- Beryllium Aluminium
- MgBe2, MgBe3, MgBe4 :- Beryllium Magnesium
OTHER BERYLLIUM ALLOYS
We can also offer products of other kinds of Beryllium Alloys like:-
- Beryllium Nickel
- Aluminium Beryllium
- Beryllium Magnesium
and many more…
OTHER METAL & ALLOYS
- Resistance Welding Alloys: CuCrZr, CrZr, CuCoBe, etc.
- Rare Earth Alloys
MAINTENANCE TIPS FOR BERYLLIUM COPPER (BeCu)
From golf clubs to oil rigs, the benefits of beryllium copper are easy to maintain. Whether you are hitting the fairway with friends or polishing up your tool collection, these tips will help you keep your beryllium copper items looking at their best:-
- Avoid grinding or cutting beryllium copper where possible. While this is completely safe for handling and used in a solid form, At the same time Inhaling beryllium copper shavings, dust and particles can lead to significant breathing complications and also lung damage. If you are machining or grinding beryllium copper, Proper respirators and filtration should be used at all times.
- Clean debris from the item using an alkaline-based soap and warm water. Wipe the item with a soft cloth or sponge till the surface area is clean. Scouring the surface should be avoided whenever possible.
- To remove oxidation, Hence soaking it in warm water combined with 20% sulphuric acid and only 3% hydrogen peroxide for not more than 20 seconds at a time and eventually it will remove most build-up. When using this method, You should always use proper safety equipment and clean the surface thoroughly with warm soapy water when the process is complete.
- For a quick, safe shine, soaking your beryllium copper items in any cola beverage will often loosen any oxidation or staining on the metal. As with the previous method, Thorough rinsing is required to maximize shine and appearance.
These tips will retain the amazing properties of beryllium copper for the longest time possible.
PRODUCT STOCK RANGE
0.005 to 0.045 mm can be produced against your requirements. Some thicknesses are available in ready stock.
|Thickness (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Stock Position|
|0.05 to 0.90||4 to 300mm||Coil||Ready Stock|
|1.0 to 10.00||200mm||1000mm||Ready Stock|
|Dia (mm)||Length (mm)||Stock Position|
|1 to 50||1 meter or More||Ready stock|
|50 to 600||As Required||Ready stock|
|Dia (mm)||Length And Packing||Stock Position|
|0.10 to 2.00||Spools And Coils||Ready Stock|
BLOCKS or SLABS
From Ready Stock, we offer Cut-To-Size pieces as per your dimensions and requirements.