OUR PRODUCT : CLAD METAL AND THERMOSTATIC TRIMETAL & BIMETAL
COPPER ALUMINIUM CLADED METAL : (commonly known as Copper Aluminium Bimetal or COPRAL ) :From ready stock, we supply Aluminium copper claded bi–metal (ALCU) consists of copper (sheet metal) cladded on pure Aluminium (base metal), both metals being diffused together to form an inseparable whole by roll bonding process. Some features include:
- Safe to use and require very low costs.
- Corrosion and oxidation is prevented due to presence of Wis.
- Terminals are provided with PVC insulation to provide di-electric strength.
- Shock-proof entry is developed in the wire barrels.
- Strict quality control and proper specifications are followed during their manufacture.
This is not an alloy and copper layers are not Electro plating / galvanic coatings but are rather mechanically welded on Aluminium with Copper sheets.
Aluminium Terminals are directly connected to Copper Terminals to carry current at a high voltage, a bimetallic galvanic corrosion occurs, resulting in a high resistance at the joint. The heated joints are oxidized and losses contact resulting in sparks, voltage dropout power losses and failure, damage to machinery.
When this is placed between Aluminium Terminal and Copper Terminal at the joint (with Copper facing Copper and Aluminium facing Aluminium), bimetallic galvanic corrosion is averted due to absence of air. It is thus used at dissimilar metals joints of Aluminium and Copper to make similar metal’s contact. This has been successfully evaluated and used by many of the world’s leading electrical equipment manufacturers.
Aluminium – Copper Clad metal Terminals: AI-Cu bi-metal terminal are used for connecting aluminium cable to copper busbars, Washers to prevent bimetallic galvanic electro-corrosion at copper and Aluminium joints
Applications include the following:
- Busbar chambers
- Cable clamp
- Circuit breakers
- On overhead lines
- Switch blades
- Switch plant
- Terminal strips
- Terminals of copper connecting
- Motor control centers
- Cable end connectors
- Overhead connectors
- Apparatus construction
- Cable thimbles in copper
- Current bars & similar parts
- Bimetallic clamp & connectors
- Distribution and panel boards
- conductors with aluminium conductors
- Overhead busbar trunking systems
- As packing & washers bet aluminium & copper bars
- Sleeve shape insert in terminals in copper & aluminium
- Substation accessories like bimetallic clamp and connectors